Need to move?
Packing & moving go hand in hand, let us help get you started
Professional Packing Services
Superior Moving's packing services are simply amazing. Typically, a client that packs themselves start the process weeks in advance and spend the last few days living off of paper plates and unable to use their favorite coffee mug. Packing yourself is a major drain. You analyze each item as you try to place who gave it to you, the last time you used it, and then…squirrel! You inevitably get distracted and the process gets further dragged out.
But Superior has a solution. What if you left your house just as it sits right now only to have a pack team show up the day before the move when every single item gets packed, stacked, labeled and ready for transport? Your life just got better!
We even offer the luxury service of unpacking too. Carefully taking all items back out of their boxes in the requested room, allowing for easier set up and getting your life back in order, quickly. Did we mention we'll dispose of all those bulky boxes and mounds of packing paper too? Nice!
So, you've found a new place! You're excited to move! Then you realize just how much stuff you have to pack!
Packing is no small task. Not to worry. Even if a professional packing service is not right for you, Superior Moving can help find a plan that fits your needs:
Helpful hints on packing
Many of Superior Moving’s clients choose to have us do the packing for them. If not, then we will let you take the reigns on this one. Here are some tips to help...
- Plan on at least six weeks to pack and get ready for your move.
- Before you start packing, determine the items you want to throw away, give away or sell. Some might even need to be stored.
- Don’t just start packing — plan how you will pack. Pack items you seldom use first. Pack items of similar size and weight together. Don’t make any carton too heavy to easily lift.
- Always use proper packing cartons and wrapping materials. Use professional packing tape, which is wide, strong, and clear or brown. Tape all cartons closed on the top and bottom — don’t just fold the end flaps closed. Use crumpled, unprinted newspaper to pack items in boxes.
- Label the contents on the outside of all boxes. When packing fragile items, clearly mark “fragile” on the outside of the box, with arrows on the sides to indicate the correct upright position.
- Indicate boxes holding essential items, such as cooking utensils, bedding, linens and toiletries that need to be opened first by writing “open first” on the box and making sure these are the last boxes to be loaded onto the moving van.
- Make sure all items are taken to the proper place in your new home. Labeling by room makes move-in a breeze.
Did you know?
Start with the right supplies
Your small household goods are protected the most when they are packed and prepared for your move with suitable packing materials.